ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 11, 2007

Swap package!!

Well, I have returned to my official mailing address, so I was able to open my Favourite Colour Swap 2 package from Gretchen aka jpknits!

(BTW - I napped during takeoff, then shortly after, I opened the window to take a look at the scenery. I was not sure exactly what route we were taking - we were flying over what looked like agricultural land, so I thought we must be over Washington. But there was this body of water, and I couldn't see the mountains up ahead. This caused much puzzlement until I realized I WAS FLYING FROM ONTARIO TO BC, AND NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!! I mentioned this to The Gambler, and he said that the same thing happended to him during a flight - they were showing the map representing distance travelled and he thought "Ha ha, they have the plane going in the wrong direction"..then realized that the map WAS in fact correct. Talk about not knowing if you are coming or going)



I am always impressed by people who line the box with coordinating tissue. I am unable to achieve that state of preparedness.

Lovely lightly lime Lorna's Laces! Destined to become a pair of socks with some type of leaf lace pattern.

Teal silk/alpacaaaaaaah!

Beaucoup Boku!! The red/purple colour combo is very vibrant, unlike the washed out photo.

Spicy and sweet dark chocolate!

Stuff to keep both skin and sweaters smooth!

And Bobbles! I have been collecting Cascade 220 for the purpose of knitting this pattern for a while now.

Many thanks to Gretchen!!!

Speaking of swaps, here's an update on my Sockapalooza socks:

My downstream swapee has feet that are about the size of my hands, so I am just a few inches away from turning the heel.


The colours aren't pooling too badly, and I do admit that the Panda Cotton yarn is nice and soft when knitted up. With my nice sharp addi bamboos, the splitting is much less of an issue. I'm really interested to see how the beads are going to affect the appearance once I start knitting the cuff.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Swap package!!"

 

Blogger Ruth's Place said ... (Tue Jun 12, 09:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Lovely swap package! I'm never coordinated with matching tissue paper either.

Love your latest socks.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Tue Jun 12, 11:12:00 AM EDT) : 

Great package! Perfect for... soaking in the tub while knitting with all this pretty yarn and eating chocolate. Come to think of it, I can see myself doing the same thing.

Hmmm. Must find superwash yarn that's good tub knitting, some candles and a glass of wine... knitting in the tub sure beats reading any day!

 

Blogger Emma said ... (Tue Jun 12, 11:47:00 AM EDT) : 

Ooh, love that Sock Pal sock so far. Such bright, vibrant colors!

 

Blogger mjm knitting said ... (Tue Jun 12, 01:23:00 PM EDT) : 

what's pattern are you using for the swap sock?
i like it!

 

Blogger gretchen said ... (Wed Jun 13, 10:09:00 AM EDT) : 

so glad you like!! all of my fave colors, too......

 

Blogger f. pea said ... (Wed Jun 13, 11:16:00 AM EDT) : 

ooh, i love those socks you're making. bee-yooo-tee-full.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thu Jun 14, 12:40:00 AM EDT) : 

I like the Addi Naturas too.

What a fun box to get in the mail!

 

Blogger Stacie said ... (Thu Jun 14, 04:41:00 PM EDT) : 

lovely yarn shots! i would make the worst swapper, there is no LYS for 50 miles from here... i'm sad now... want sock yarn...

 

post a comment