ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sweet Beautiful Time Off!!

As of about 20 minutes ago, I am off for 3 weeks (well, I'm on call for overnight admissions Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday of this week, but at least I have the days free.)
I'll be heading back to BC on Sunday, so this gives me a chance to check out the places near the rental, and I'll also be heading into Toronto on Friday and Saturday.

Batty left a comment that I need 2 stashes. I'm happy to report that my Ontario stash has been in existence for several weeks now:
Here's the latest addition:
I picked up the Silky Tweed from Martina at Kniterary. It's destined to become a Firefly Sweater a la Definitely Maybe Knits
And here's some yarn that I started knitting up as a shawl for the Sea socks Cruise:

I was doing a simple YO/K2tog alernating with garter stitch pattern, but I saw this pattern when we were shopping in Victoria, and decided that I would frog it and restart at some point in time:

My goal is to have it done for next year's Sea Socks Cruise.

On an unrelated topic - I suggest that any GTA readers check out the Driftwood Theatre production of Much Ado About Nothing. I saw them perform The Complete Works of William Shakespear (Abridged), and it was a blast - they are hilarious!

More free advertising: Check out www.kateknits.com for some totally cool sock patterns that are designed to use up bits of sock yarn! The beaded socks that I am knitting are from her Legs for Easy Toe Up Socks pamphlet.

Labels:

Comments on "Sweet Beautiful Time Off!!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Jun 04, 10:31:00 AM EDT) : 

The stash looks like it's growing quite nicely. I love the shawl pattern, and thanks for the link to the sock patterns.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Mon Jun 04, 02:31:00 PM EDT) : 

3 weeks off - that is awesome! I hope you get lots and lots and lots of knitting done. ;)

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Jun 04, 05:37:00 PM EDT) : 

I'm so glad you're taking proper care of your inner knitter! : )

3 weeks off is a lot of knitting time, have fun relaxing and cranking out those socks!
The shawl is gorgeous. It looks like it'll be pretty smooth going once you get the pattern down, you'll have it done in no time.

 

Blogger f. pea said ... (Tue Jun 05, 09:26:00 AM EDT) : 

Enjoy your time off! How wonderful. I love those colorways, btw.

 

post a comment