ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 21, 2007

Yarn Haul

Because what's the point of being a yarn tourist if you aren't going to pick up some yarn?
So here's the lot:I haven't had time to lovingly photograph each one; perhaps when I head back to BC in June. But here are some feature items:
If Kidsilk Haze came in a DK weight, it would look like this. I fell in love with the colour. Maybe it will be enough to knit a short sleeved Wicked?
Just as the girl at Artfibers (San Francisco) rang up my Alfabeto yarn, I saw this on the sale rack.
I love the term they came up with their mis-dyes. Definitely enough for a sweater. I was thinking of using it for Rogue, but the colour variations might not work with the cables.

Silk/cotton Blend from Birkeland Brothers in Vancouver, Bamboo sock yarn from a knitting shop in Oak Bay (Victoria). Looks like I am on a turquoise streak right now.
Oh, and the photo that was just begging a punch line?
It turns out that they were untangling the skein in addition to winding it...

Labels: ,

Comments on "Yarn Haul"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon May 21, 10:24:00 AM EDT) : 

Drooling at my desk over your yarn. It all looks beautiful.

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Mon May 21, 10:51:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh my, that Alfabeto is beautiful.

 

Blogger prairiegirl said ... (Mon May 21, 11:01:00 AM EDT) : 

Sigh... what lovely yarn... I'm green with envy!!

By the way I've tagged you! You can head over to my blog for the rules!

Like Kristina who tagged me, I'm just trying to avoid bad knitty karma by passing this along!

 

Blogger cpurl17 said ... (Mon May 21, 02:54:00 PM EDT) : 

omgosh--had I known you were going to make a stop in San Francisco I would have dropped my needles and met you there!

Artfibers is dangerous to the wallet isnt it?

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon May 21, 06:53:00 PM EDT) : 

Sweet sassy molassy! That's a haul!!!

 

post a comment