ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 09, 2006

UFO sighting

Now I fully realize that the intention of the blogstalking assignment was to take a photo of my oldest Knitting UnFinished Object.

However, I came across this as we were working on tidying up the house so that the real estate photographer can come take photos.


I attended a few machine strip quilting workshops back when I was living in Winnipeg. Before I met Kyle - which was in 1997. So this particular UFO is around 10 years old. I haven't even had access to a working sewing machine since December 1999 (when I left Winnipeg). So this baby is going to take a trip to the local quilting supply shop, and I will pay some nice lady to finish it for me.

I have to say, I am damn proud of this (incomplete) quilt; look at that great selection of prints/colours! Sadly the photo is a combination of dark and washed out, but some of the "solid" blocks are an abstract pattern in varying shades of the same colour.

If things go well, my new job will allow me 15 weeks off per year - I am so going to use them for creative pursuits!!

Comments on "UFO sighting"

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Oct 09, 08:00:00 PM EDT) : 

That color coordination stuff isn't easy! Impressive UFO!

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Mon Oct 09, 08:45:00 PM EDT) : 

That's a beautiful UFO. Your color coordination is excellent, and with 15 weeks of vacation time, you should be well on your way to finishing!

If it weren't for that pesky knitting waiting around in unexpected places...

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Tue Oct 10, 09:46:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow what a beautiful quilt...it is something I have always wanted to do, but I hate sewing so probably not in my future!

 

Blogger Sweet Camden Lass said ... (Wed Oct 11, 09:08:00 AM EDT) : 

Oooh, I do like that.

I have finally posted the sock yarn. I nearly drowned in the process (I'm going to see if I can find out just how much rain fell this morning). Suffice to say that I am very glad of my sockapaloooza socks, which live in the office, as everything got soaked.

xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Wed Oct 11, 07:28:00 PM EDT) : 

What a gorgeous quilt!
Is the patterning on the darker blocks similar to the patterning on the cream coloured blocks? More of a mottling?
It would be well worth paying someone with a sewing machine to finish it for you.

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Wed Oct 11, 11:42:00 PM EDT) : 

Yes - the darker green blocks are mottled. I actually have a few smaller quilts that I managed to finish - my favorite is a wall hanging. I will track it down and post a photo.

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Thu Oct 12, 12:15:00 PM EDT) : 

truly gorgeous! you never cease to amaze!

 

Blogger Macoco said ... (Fri Oct 13, 03:35:00 PM EDT) : 

I love the quilt - is it the around the world pattern? Definitely worth the money to have someone finish it up for you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Sat Oct 14, 09:59:00 PM EDT) : 

Now I know where to cake my cow next time she needs a wash. You're a Public Service Announcement with style! I love your quilt, too. Just gorgeous!
PS- Please visit my new blog at www.jgoihgt;fogh89t.com

 

post a comment