ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Ide(a)s of Socktober

So we are midway through Socktober - what have I done so far?

Found an online page that calculates a sock type slipper pattern to fit any foot, started working on a pair for DH...

...didn't get around to printing out a copy of the webpage, computer had a wee little fit, needed to be rebooted - sock calculations gone. Will restart as Shaker Knit slippers.

Ankle socks for a Secret Pal
I initially thought that I could get away with the single skein if I made ankle socks - not so. This is a skein of DK yarn {Lana Grossa Fresh colour #301 - cotton/microfibre} that I picked up as potential sock wars ammo {sock wars pattern}. As you can see, using contrasting yarn for the heels and toes {ON line season #001 cotton/merino} made it barely possible. I'm not cheap - it's just that the LYS doesn't have any more of the yarn in that colour.
This was the first time I used contrasting colours, and after turning the heel, I realized that I had no clue how to join the contrast yarn with the main colour. I stumbled along, threw in a few kfbs and k2togs, and the result is a heel with convenient air vents Big hint as to the identity of my Secret Pal - someone who has a shoe size less than Eur 42/US 11!

You know, before I started knitting socks (and taking photos of the SIPs), I had never before realized that ankle length socks make me look like I have chunky ankles and flat feet.
Oh dear, maybe it isn't an optical illusion after all...

Comments on "The Ide(a)s of Socktober"

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (Mon Oct 16, 09:13:00 AM EDT) : 

Cool sock yarn.
So every sock picture I notice your tattoo...not the ankles, is it super personal or can you tell me the meaning behind it...I have a tattoo in the same place, mine is a maple leaf..I got it in Kamloops!

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Oct 16, 04:02:00 PM EDT) : 

I also want to know what the tattoo is! I don't think your ankles are chunky at all!!!

And Michelle--Kamloops! I remember driving thru there!!!!

 

post a comment