ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Belated Saturday Sky


No better way to kill some time on a Saturday afternoon in Nelson BC than laying down in the grass and watching the sky.



On a not so serene note, I discovered one of the benefits of using the magic loop method on socks - you can run the needle through the sock lower down when you want to frog back.
Why frog it?

This is the sock on my foot - I started the heel 2 inches before the intended length of the sock.
Now, this is a sock knit in stockinette, not ribbing. See the strain as the sock tries to reach around the circumference of my ankle.

Bah - damned size 11 feet. But by the time we got home this evening, I had almost finished the heel (again). We'll see how much further I get during my upcoming week on call.

Comments on "Belated Saturday Sky"

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Mon Jul 17, 08:32:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh poo. My sister has size 11 feet and I'm afraid the same thing will happen when I make her Christmas socks.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (Mon Jul 17, 09:32:00 AM EDT) : 

LOVE the sky pics. I'm a big fan of cloud watching as is hubby.

Socks for big(ger) feet are a pain...I made socks for my cousin who has size 14 feet...Not a happy camper with those itty bitty needles and the st st that kept going, and going, and going... :)

 

Blogger LadyLungDoc said ... (Mon Jul 17, 01:15:00 PM EDT) : 

Turtlegirl - I amended the pattern (to up) by starting the heel 3/4 of an inch later than the pattern called for, and also threw in a few extra stitches to allow for a few extra short rows. So far it seems to have worked.

My next pair of socks is going to be top down (Jaywalkers); I'll post what my adjustments to the pattern are there.

Are they a surprise present for her?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tue Jul 18, 04:23:00 AM EDT) : 

Oh, what a gorgeous sky pic, thanks for sharing!
I also have quite big feet and occasionally run into the same problems like you do - you'll get used to these adjustments pretty quickly though! Happy knitting!

 

post a comment