ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

Well, a week on call for the ICU got the better of me - I didn't manage to finish my Olympic Knitting Project. I was on pace to finish up until then, but being at the hospital until midnight or later several nights wasn't conducive to making much progress.

I still have about 35% of the yarn left at this point:

August 26

(cat shown for scale)

This is one row before the end of the 13th repeat. I might just be able to squeeze out 15 pattern repeats. Turns out that my fears of having a wee little scarf were unfounded - this is going to be pretty big post blocking.

So I'll just have to try to finish it in the next week or so. I should be able to get some quality knitting time in; on Thursday, The Gambler and I head to Italy for a 2 week holiday. Complete with 7 days in Tuscany.

Ciao.

Labels:

Comments on "If at first you don't succeed..."

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Tue Aug 26, 08:37:00 PM EDT) : 

Hee hee, is it the cat or the shawl making the couch cushion sink like that? I think if you're off saving lives, it's an allowable get-out-of-Olympic-knitting-free pass.

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Tue Aug 26, 11:07:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow Italy... now there's a trip

 

Blogger Dreams of Yarn said ... (Wed Aug 27, 02:42:00 PM EDT) : 

Wow, feels like i havent seen you at SnB for ages! Hope you have a great time in Tuscany! Sounds wonderful.

 

Blogger Batty said ... (Fri Aug 29, 03:16:00 PM EDT) : 

Hahaha! Cat shown for scale? How about cat shown because you would never, ever dare dislodge the cat! Tuscany looks great, though. You can always finish once the work insanity stops.

 

Blogger Llamabean said ... (Fri Aug 29, 08:01:00 PM EDT) : 

It looks beautiful, it will be wonderful when it is completed and I am jealous of your trip to Italy, have a wonderful time!

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (Fri Aug 29, 09:28:00 PM EDT) : 

Have a great trip! It should be lovely this time of year (actually any time of year)

 

Blogger Carol said ... (Sat Aug 30, 06:04:00 AM EDT) : 

Here's hoping you finish the shawl in time to wear Tuscany to Tuscany....

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Sun Aug 31, 12:06:00 PM EDT) : 

That's right. If you can't wear Tuscany to Tuscany, you can at least knit a bit of it in Tuscany.

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sun Aug 31, 12:19:00 PM EDT) : 

I think the shawl looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Mon Sep 01, 09:41:00 PM EDT) : 

I hope you're having a smashing time in Italy! it would be even better with the snazzy shawl of course but either way, I am jealous ;)

 

post a comment