ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 11, 2008

I have seen the future, and it is blurry...

The Gambler and I went to have our eyes checked last week; part of the exam involved me having my pupils dilated. Afterwards, I had 2 choices - if I had my glasses on, everything close was blurry, and everything far was clear, and if I took my glasses off, everything far was blurry and everything close was clear. This is what I have to look forward to as I get older.

Sigh - one of the joys of being nearsighted - you are guaranteed to need bifocals at some point.

But I did order some funky new frames, and at least I can revel in the fact that I still have a half decent focal point (although I have gotten into the habit of looking underneath my glasses to see my knitting...)

Things are going swimmingly with my Games That Shall Not Be Named Knitting Project:

August 8th
This is after the second pattern repeat. As of last night, I was part way through the 6th pattern repeat. I'm very happy with how the 2 colourways are working together - the above (flash) photo kind of washes the colour out.

This is a better representation(complete with cat hair):
colour blend closeup
I used to know enough calculus to be able to calculate the net number of stitches after each pattern repeat, but that was back in the late 1980's. All those credit hours - gone. So I am weighing the yarn and project to come up with an estimation of the %age of the shawl I have knit thus far. At the last weighing, I had used up about 17% of the yarn. I still have alot of knitting ahead! At least I've memorized the stitch pattern and don't need to refer to the book anymore.

Labels:

Comments on "I have seen the future, and it is blurry..."

 

Blogger Aunt Kathy said ... (Mon Aug 11, 02:16:00 PM EDT) : 

I can't knit at all with my glasses on, but I also can't see the TV without. I am officially OLD

 

Blogger Bezzie said ... (Mon Aug 11, 07:42:00 PM EDT) : 

Yeah I find myself looking over my glasses to knit. Sigh. Ah well. I always wanted to be blind by the time I'm 56 anyway.

The shawl looks beautiful. I think you made the right color choice.

 

Blogger betseydoodle said ... (Mon Aug 11, 09:34:00 PM EDT) : 

Hi there from Ottawa!

Rose-Kim.com has a Shawl Percentage Excel sheet (see right hand side of blog - under her "progress items")

Looking pretty though! Especially with the kitty hair!

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (Tue Aug 12, 01:06:00 AM EDT) : 

Wow - it really does look great!

 

Blogger Sandi Purl said ... (Wed Aug 13, 12:16:00 AM EDT) : 

gorgeous

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Thu Aug 14, 06:34:00 PM EDT) : 

Lisa, I think you are working far too hard and need to come and visit us on Thursday nights. Keep blogging! And your shawl is lovely.

 

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said ... (Fri Aug 15, 07:59:00 PM EDT) : 

I got the bifocals one pair ago. I'm awaiting a new pair now. It's been 2 years. Talk about blurry! It's a great treat picking out glasses when you can't see your own face. All will be revealed next week. Wish me luck.

 

post a comment