ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ready To Wear

I didn't quite make my Labour Day target of completely finishing my Honest Tee, but I did get the ribbons sewn in and weave in the ends during the month of September:

All done!

At some point I will have to "hem" the ends of the ribbons to prevent fraying:

Secured ribbons

In addition to lengthening the top, my other significant modification was to extend the back so it would be the same length as the front.

Honest Tee back

As written, the front narrows down to straps which get attached in the back. I suspected that this would lead to issues with bra strap coverage. Luckily I had adequate yarn - actually had a bit more than a full skein left over.

Next up is sewing up and knitting the I-Cord trim on my Twisted Vest. I am hoping to get that done for next weekend when we take a short trip to Ottawa.

But more exciting is this:

Blocked Poppy

Cast on January 2007. The only thing left to do is to crochet the edging on the neckline. I want to finish it in time to wear it home to Winnipeg for (Canadian) Thanksgiving.

Comments on "Ready To Wear"

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (Sun Sep 26, 09:19:00 AM EDT) : 

Lisa, these are both gorgeous and the blue really suits you! Congrats on getting both items finished - whoohoo!

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (Sun Sep 26, 10:25:00 AM EDT) : 

Lovely! I like that smidgen of orange in the ribbons, and the fit is impeccable. Looking forward to seeing the finished long-sleeved sweater as well. I don't think it really matters how long it takes to finish a project, as long as one enjoys the process and is happy with the results.

 

Blogger Kaye said ... (Sun Sep 26, 11:19:00 AM EDT) : 

Beautiful!!!! I love the ribbon detail.

Is that the long lost Poppy?

 

Blogger Merry Karma said ... (Sun Sep 26, 12:25:00 PM EDT) : 

Beautiful tops! I know you are happy to be done with them, and that you will be able to wear them. They look great on you..(I've seen Poppy on you before). Congratulations.

 

Blogger Yarn Devil said ... (Sun Sep 26, 12:36:00 PM EDT) : 

Beautiful work!!! Absolutely love the sweater your finishing for Thanksgiving!!

 

Blogger turtlegirl76 said ... (Sun Sep 26, 03:49:00 PM EDT) : 

That is the absolute perfect for you! It looks fantastic!

 

Blogger Geri said ... (Sun Sep 26, 06:18:00 PM EDT) : 

The Honest Tee turned out beautifully and the ribbon is a perfect match. The Poppy looks great! What's next?

 

Blogger Peggy said ... (Sun Sep 26, 10:41:00 PM EDT) : 

The blue looks great on you! To help with fraying ribbon ends, I like to put some clear nail polish on the ribbon ends. It will dry hard, but might be a bit scratchy against your skin.

 

Blogger kingshearte said ... (Mon Sep 27, 03:28:00 PM EDT) : 

That tee is really cute on you. Nice job. And the sweater looks like it'll be really nice, too.

 

post a comment