ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hey - I just knit a sweater!

I sat down with a 4.5 mm crochet hook tonight and ended up with a finished sweater:

done!!!

(Making do with a bathroom mirror reflection photo as nobody else is around to take a picture right now)

Overall, I am relieved that it fits happy with the fit post blocking. However, I'm not sure about the neckline:

neckline

The pattern instructions are to do a row of single crochet, but I am toying with the idea of ripping it out and doing a few rows of garter stitch, or at least another row or 2 of crochet. Since the sleeves and bottom of the garment both have a 1 cm garter border, the single row of crochet looks kind of skimpy to me. Any suggestions/opinions would be appreciated.
One minor problem is that I used the leftover charcoal yarn as the contrast colour on my Twisted Vest, and I don't know if I"ll have enough to complete the I-cord and arm/bottom edging. Why do I so often find that projects intended to use up leftover yarn leave me having to buy another skein of the "leftovers"?

Labels:

Comments on "Hey - I just knit a sweater!"

 

Blogger Kaye said ... (Wed Sep 29, 06:21:00 AM EDT) : 

It's beautiful!

 

Blogger Yarn Devil said ... (Wed Sep 29, 11:58:00 AM EDT) : 

It is beautiful!!! Maybe the neck is supposed to be that way so that it is light(girly), it may be heavy(though canadian practical?) if you put the garter on.... But at the same time I know what you mean.. maybe with a necklace? It looks wonderful on you!!

 

Anonymous Geri said ... (Thu Sep 30, 12:21:00 AM EDT) : 

Maybe an i-cord trim on the neckline?

 

Blogger kingshearte said ... (Thu Sep 30, 03:08:00 PM EDT) : 

I vote to add a little to the neckline, as it does look a little bare. And a few rows of garter would match the other edging, so that's probably what I'd do.

On the whole, though, it does look great.

 

post a comment