ProjectSpectrumWh100

poppy_button

do+you+button

sos2007.thumbnail

100mi

Locations of visitors to this page

Watch this space...

My Photo
Name:

Trust me. I'm a doctor...

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Moving on from Clapotis

Clap for me

I finished Clapotis last night, and wove in the ends this morning. Somehow, I ended up needing to buy not 1 but 2 more skeins of ribbon yarn to finish it. I think I used less than 1/3 of the final skein. I would have bet large sums of money that I had enough to finish it if I hadn't done the 3 extra repeats, but now I am not so sure. Alternately, there is a skein of yarn that is visiting with all of those lost socks - or, less romantically, I left one behind at home when I packed my knitting up for this trip.
We head back home tomorrow, so I will probably just work on the Basketweave tank top en route. Now the question is which of my many projects to be should become the next WIP (because of course I can't just be working on the tank top, can I?).
I bought some yarn on sale at a yarn shop in Encino for the purpose of making Picovili. Since I plan to knit a Skullvoli at some point, it might be wise to learn the ropes of Picovili. I also have my chevron tank top to start - very fine yarn, so it won't be screamingly fast. My lack of circular needles may force my hand.

I have to admit, that I am starting to have illicit thoughts about learning how to knit socks...Damn you Turtlegirl, with your cereal-matching socks!

Comments on "Moving on from Clapotis"

 

Blogger Rain said ... (Sat Feb 18, 03:18:00 AM EST) : 

It's beautiful. I think the yarn is perfect for it.

 

Blogger Knittypants said ... (Sat Feb 18, 10:55:00 AM EST) : 

Beautiful. I love how your sitting in a garden in sunshine modeling your clapotis. It's the perfect setting.

 

post a comment